Saturday, July 2, 2011

Pride Parade in Geneva

The big crowds waiting for the parade.
The massive crowds waiting for the parade to start. I think you can hear the birds chirping...

To say we were underwhelmed by Geneva's Pride Parade would be an understatement. Of course, when you are used to seeing parades in Seattle and San Francisco, I guess nothing could live up to that!



Hey! A guy in a pink shirt! We start to get excited. This was probably about a half hour after that parade was supposed to have started.



Charlie is not sure whey we are here, but he is happy we are hanging out in the nice grass with him!



The start of the parade captured in video.



Finally it starts (I think it was an hour and a half late)!



I think it really should have been called a "march" as most people were walking IN it, not watching from the sidelines.
























I'm afraid I wasn't fast enough to get a shot of the Sisters. This one is wearing Crocs. That is just wrong! I think I counted a total of 6 drag queens.




















Just Married
Just Married.

1 comment:

Janet M Kincaid said...

Lamest Pride "parade" ever. Bleh. Nice pictures, though.