Thursday, January 1, 2009

Two Things Challenge: New/Hope


Taken at a New Year's Eve party I attended. I think it represents both "new" and "hope" for the coming year. I hope I get all the things done this year that I wanted to get done last year! This will be my last photo for this year, thus ending my "taking a photo a day" project. I will, however, continue with my photo blog and try to post photos every day. The only difference being that they may not have been taken that same day. I'm quite proud of myself for having accomplished this and have to say that it was not easy at times. It did, however, force me to have my "camera eye" on every single day which was good practice. I also think it was good for my mental health as it keeps you "in the present" at all times.

8 comments:

Janet Kincaid said...

Congratulations on shooting and posting a photo a day! I tried doing that for one month in July and it nearly killed me.

Happy New Year and here's to many great photos in 2009!

Rob said...

Congrats on this not so easy task! I tried this early on when I first started.

Happy new year!

Tash said...

What a great accomplishment! I did not realize that you posted that day's shot every time - wow!

I like the NEW - it looks full of light & hope. Wishing you and your loved ones a very Happy New Year and I look forward to enjoying your photos and your view of Seattle in 2009. Cheers!

Maya said...

Happy New Year to all of you too!

dc and dusty: Thanks! It's hard, isn't it?

tash: Yes, indeed. That was the project I gave myself last year. That is why not all the shots are great. It's hard to take a great one every single day! ;-)

Julie said...

Hello Maya

I find it hard posting a good photo ANY day! When I first joined CDPB that is what I thought I had to do: shot and post on the same day. Tough call that ...

Maya said...

julie: It is hard! I'm glad to be done with it now that my year is up.

Folly Blaine said...

I'm late to the party, but I just wanted to add my congratulations! Great work!

Maya said...

christy: Thanks!