Friday, January 2, 2009

Off to the Movies...





These two shots are from The Reader. I can't say too much about the movie without giving it away. I did like it, though after seeing Doubt and Slumdog Millionaire, it paled a bit in comparison. It is also very much a character driven movie like Doubt. Each character has many shades of gray and the other characters with many shades of gray have to interact with them. Fascinating if you like studying people! If you see Doubt, make sure you see it with someone (or know someone who has seen it) so you can discuss it. It really becomes better after discussion!

5 comments:

Janet Kincaid said...

I have this one on my list of movies to see. Along with... Well, let's just say there are lots and lots of films on my list. (Including two I can't find anywhere in the States. The closest theater is in Montreal. What's up with that?! And who wants to go to Montreal in January?!)

Nice pics!

Maya said...

dc: There are many on my list too! And, thanks!

Rachel said...

Hm, I may have to see it this weekend then. I love a good character study. And then I would love to chitchat with you about it. :)

Anonymous said...

Oops, posted with the wrong blogger account! ;)

Maya said...

rachel: Are you talking about Doubt? If so, I've already had long talks with several folks about it so have many thoughts. I'd love to chat with you about it!