Thursday, July 23, 2009

I left my heart...


We drove in to San Francisco to visit Janet's friend, Thea Hillman. She is a lovely person and a wonderful author. She ended up having her baby on my birthday a couple of weeks later (May 18th). Congrats to her!



We then headed into downtown to eat at Ti Couz. This is Janet's favorite restaurant ever, so I bought her birthday dinner there (though it was a few days early). I have to say, this was the best crepe I've ever had!



We wandered around a bit after eating and enjoyed the good light on the various buildings.

8 comments:

Virginia said...

Gorgeous shots of SF! I want more explanation on the crepe though. What kind???

Also, when are we getting a glimpse of your new town through YOUR lens?:)

Rob said...

Where is Tony Bennet when we need him?

Maya said...

Virginia: Thanks! You'll be getting more... I can't remember exactly what the crepe was, but it involved seafood and some special yummy sauce. Tres magnifique!

Dusty: Send him over!

Maya said...

Virginia: I've gotten some nice shots of Geneva, but I'd like to get one trip done before posting too much on the next one! I'm sure I've already confused people, but this way they get to keep guessing. Where in the world is Maya? ;-)

Cele said...

Beautiful, beautiful. Very few places are as beautiful as San Fransico, okay that's not completely true, there are hundreds, but Frisco is so special.

Maya said...

Cele: I agree! Stay tuned for more SF shots...

Janet Kincaid said...

Hey Rob: I've heard Tony Bennett sing his anthem of love to the City by the Bay. It was totally cool!

These are fabulous photos of my favorite city. And that crepe is making me hungry...

I'm glad you were able to meet Thea. She's a lovely person.

Maya said...

I'd sure love to have another one of those crepes!