Monday, October 13, 2008

Two Things Challenge: East/West

Here is my entry for the "East" part of the challenge. There is a park on what Seattleites call the Eastside called Juanita Bay Park in Kirkland. I took a few photos in this park before our book club meeting. Some of the trees had red and orange leaves which were made even more striking by the light of the sunset hitting them!














Someone put these red roses tied with black ribbon in various locations. I wonder what the story is there?





4 comments:

Janet Kincaid said...

Wow! Looks like Mother Nature was really putting on a show Sunday evening. I love the first picture with the guy in the red jacket and that last one of the sunset is breathtaking. Well done!

P.S. Curious rose there. I agree: what's that about?

Rob said...

Pretty colors, the beauty of autumn. I hope you get out to this park often, it looks like a nice place to visit away from the city's hustle and bustle. Odd about the rose.

Greyhound Girl said...

Oh Maya- these are just stunning, luscious. They look like paintings- you are so talented. these are the most beautiful pictures I';ve seen of autumn, I think, that I've seen.

And the red rose.... just beautiful. Beyond words.

thanks so much for sharing these!

Maya said...

d.c.: Thanks! Want to take a guess at the story behind the rose?

dusty: This park is on the Eastside, so I probably won't go too often, but I do want to go back when I have more time to explore!

professor: Thanks so much!!