Friday, June 13, 2008

Friday the 13th with "The Boys"

'Twas a busy Friday night. One of "the boys" I work with was celebrating a birthday, so we went to Collins for Happy Hour drinks. While they drank various shots including the Irish Car Bomb, I stuck to the much more elegant and mild "sipping" drink, The Mandarin Cosmo (this would be a regular Cosmo made with Mandarin Vodka).


Irish Car Bomb. That shot will end up in the Guinness before the whole thing is downed in one fell swoop.



Mandarin Cosmo (in a frosted glass no less)


After drinks with that set of boys, I headed up the Hill to meet S and her "boys" for dinner, drinks, and dessert at Tango. The food was fantastic (as usual) and the waitress had us squirming with delight at her delicious and sexy descriptions of the food and drink. We couldn't help but order whatever she was describing!


If you are a chocolate lover, you haven't lived until you've tried El Diablo!

8 comments:

The Artful Eye said...

I never thought cocktails could look so good. I'm always ready for a Guinness not sure about that sidekick though. :)
That dessert looks divine.

Maya said...

Yes, I would recommend avoiding the shot... ;-)

The dessert is the BEST!

Rob said...

You had me at Guinness, but skip the shot.

And that chocolatey goodness, what a beautiful sight to come back too! I have a lot of catching up to do after being away from interent for 5 days.

Maya said...

Welcome back!!

Janet Kincaid said...

Mmmmm. Chocccccccccolate.

Jerez Sherry said...

OK, you're going a little too far with that Cake, I'm running on an empty tank!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maya said...

d.c.: Chocolate is the BEST!

jerez: Sorry about that. Caution: don't view my blog on an empty stomach! ;-)