Sunday, June 29, 2008

Lens Envy

Today was an eventful day. I started out sweltering in my apartment for awhile, then headed out for a brief visit to the rally at SCCC that took place before the Dyke March. I didn't stay too long, however, because I had a wine tasting event to go to. This event featured Gary Vaynerchuk who does wine shows online and has just written a book (which I got signed). He is a great guy and I could have talked to him for much longer about social media and how he's made it work for him!


The ladies watching the rally.



The dogs not watching the rally.



Gary speaking to the attentive crowd.



The official photographer, Malcolm Smith. Yup, a serious case of lens envy going on here! After I saw his website, I was even more envious.

5 comments:

Rob said...

I think I have lens and wine envy. When wine is involved, everything takes second stage. How was the wine tasting?

Maya said...

It was great! I found one red and one white that I liked (can't remember the names offhand). Both were NW wines, so I will try to visit the winery sometime. We tried one Spanish one, but it didn't quite do it for me.

Rob said...

Strange, I do not recall ever having a bottle of Spanish wine.

BTW - The answer is 42. But what's The Ultimate Question?

Janet Kincaid said...

I think I'd have lens envy, too, but first I need to get a camera that qualifies for that kind of envy. As it is, I'm just big camera envy right now.

Maya said...

dusty: Apparently they are quite the rage these days (according to my two wine connoisseurs).

And, the question is: What age are we? ;-)

d.c.: Well, he had plenty of the "big camera" thing going on too. Of course, all that doesn't matter as long as one knows how to use one's equipment... ;-)