Monday, June 30, 2008

Hot Child in the City

That song always comes to mind when it gets this hot for some reason. Today was a scorcher. I couldn't stand being in my apartment which is on the third floor and has no circulation due to both windows being on the same side of my studio. You have to understand that most places in Seattle don't have air conditioning (unless you are in an office building), so when the temps reach above 90, it becomes quite uncomfortable. To escape, we went to the arboretum and sat under a tree by the water for several hours.


This was my view while I was laying on my back.



This little family was hanging around. She has NINE ducklings!!





5 comments:

Rob said...

Despite the blistering heat, you got some fun pics from the arboretum. Love the cute little ducklings.

Jerez Sherry said...

sweet! Really nice, and feels cool....

Maya said...

dusty: I took a ton of shots of those little guys. It was hard to stop!

jerez: It was definitely cooler than my apartment, but still pretty warm. I'm glad it's cooled down again today!

Janet Kincaid said...

Duckies! I'm a sucker for duckies, too! Duckies, puppies, and cute little kids.

Here's hoping the heat has let up and you're back to cool days.

Maya said...

The heat has definitely gotten less intense. Cool mornings are keeping it down. It's been about perfect in the afternoons!