Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Long Commute

My usual commute is to take any bus that comes through the bus tunnel to the other end of town, and then walk up Capitol Hill. The buses are supposed to stop in every stop in the tunnel. Today, I ended up on an extremely crowded bus and for some reason, the bus didn't stop at my stop! I'm not sure why. Maybe the driver thought no more people could possibly squeeze into the bus (and he would have been right). BUT, what about the people getting off?? So, I ended up having to ride an express bus to the U-District and then catching another bus back to Capitol Hill. Not a good way to get home! This photo was taken while crossing the bridge on the way back to the Hill.

3 comments:

Rob said...

Interesting colors on the bridge. You should have yelled, "Hey Busdriverman, wait for me"! I wish I had bus service for my 22 mile commute. $4.09 a gallon is getting pricey.

Kim said...

Maya, I'm sorry for your arduous journey, but glad for this photo! You captured such a nice sky, and to tell you the truth, I always feel happy when I'm going over the University Bridge. I don't know why. The Fremont and Ballard and Aurora and Freeway bridges don't do this for me. Perhaps its how short it is or the local or the view. But, just looking at your shot, I get that feeling. OH, maybe it's the green. Green is my fave color! :-)
-Kim
Seattle Daily Photo

Maya said...

dusty: That is a long commute. I can't believe they don't have a bus you could take!

kim: I agree. I always liked the view from this bridge as well. Maybe it's because I like green too! I was trying to capture the sky because it looked so ominous. I was actually quite grateful to be on the bus since it was so windy and nasty outside.