Thursday, July 31, 2008

Two Things Challenge: Up/Down

Originally, I was thinking the "up" part of this challenge would require me to be looking up, but then I decided that I could actually be looking at the seagulls up on the roof across the street. Seagulls build their nests on rooftops, so at my place of employment we get the rare chance to be able to watch the babies as they grow up and practice flying before making the ultimate leap off the roof!


This is mom (or dad) with baby seagull. The young ones slowly lose their gray over the course of two years until they have completely white heads like this adult.



This adult was hilarious standing on his one foot. He kept turning in the wind like a weather vane.

6 comments:

Friar Tuck said...

I love the challenge

Rob said...

I like this up on the rooftop view.

Maya said...

friar: You should try it!

dusty: Thanks. I think it qualifies!

Anonymous said...

Seagulls are my life during the summer up on our boat...I actually love them...lots of eagles, too. And, am in town for the weekend: going to Quinns tonoght!

Janet Kincaid said...

There are also excellent! Seagulls can be annoying when they're trying to steal your fries at the beach, as they do out here, but overall I love these birds. They usually mean water and ocean--two things I thrive on.

Maya said...

robin: Enjoy!

d.c.: Yes, they can be obnoxious, but they sure are cute and awkward when they are young!