Monday, July 7, 2008

Rambling around Frellard

Today was a nice, relaxing day.


We ate at a place called Dish in "Frellard" (Fremont/Ballard). Great breakfasts! But, be prepared for a long wait to get a table.


We went for a short walk after breakfast and spotted this orange house. We'd been discussing good colors to paint a house, so I decided to record this one for future reference. You don't see too many orange houses around!


I'm not sure what this was. It seemed to be a big electric plant of some sort. I think if I could have gotten inside the fence, I could have taken some better shots!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, is this the substation with the shadow hand puppets in the window? I love that place. I've been meanging to stop by some evening a capture it on film.

Janet Kincaid said...

Love that orange house! Not necessarily a color I would choose, but this orange looks like it's warm and a little subdued.

And cool substation picture! Bet I can guess who inspired that one!

Sounds like you had a lovely evening.

Maya said...

sprizee: Yes! I'd like to see it in the evening to see those shadows lit up.

d.c.: It was, in fact, a lovely afternoon, but I'd like to go back in the evening! Are there enough commas in that sentence for you?

Cassie @LifeTransPlanet said...

I like the color of that house. We are trying to decide what color to paint our house in Rincon, Puerto Rico when we do the remodel. I was thinking of just doing a sealant on the wood, but the orange brown in that house might be a great choice as well. Thanks for posting this! Sounds like you had a great time!