Saturday, July 19, 2008

Two Things Challenge: People/Watch

I've been trying to get shots for this challenge ALL WEEK, but with no luck. It's a tough challenge for me. As a general rule, I don't take people shots for the blog because I feel like I'm invading people's privacy and I don't have enough of a zoom to take shots without them knowing it. As a result, I take the shots very quickly and they are alomst always blurry because I don't have time to steady myself before they see me, or move, both of which ruin the shot. Here are two mediocre shots I took today in Pioneer Square park next to the Pergola. This is a good area to catch people watching other people because it's tourist central! I may get some better ones before Sunday. We'll see!


She is peering around the sign watching other people. Anyone understand what the sign means?



This guy was people watching without a doubt!

5 comments:

Janet Kincaid said...

I think these photos are excellent! I still haven't taken mine. It's suppose to be nearly 95 today, so I'm not sure when I'm going to get out to photograph people. Too damn hot!

The sign in the top one is a quote from Chief Seattle after he and his people were driven off their ancestral lands by white settlers? That's my best guest.

Maya said...

Thanks! I'll probably be around crowds of people again tomorrow, so may have another chance.

egan said...

I'm guessing the top sign is in refrence to Mayor Nickels and the city removing most of the homeless embankments throughout the city. It's a tongue in cheek sort of sign. Chief Sealth is most certainly not happy.

The Artful Eye said...

Great photos! People watching, people.

I learned something about Chief Sealth aka Seattle. Interesting historical tidbit.

Maya said...

egan: I'm sure he's not!

artful: Thanks. It's always good to learn new things!