Saturday, July 12, 2008

Sub Pop and The Storm

Tonight I went to see The Storm play. It was a great game against the L.A. Sparks. Normally, I'm not a big sports fan, but I will go when someone gives me free tickets! Women's basketball is also more exciting in some ways to watch than other sports as they still seem to play with team spirit and not just big egos.


If you look closely at this photo, you will see the ball near the top of the image. It made it in the basket!



The Seattle Storm Dance Troupe. They have a group of kids that dance whenever there is a break in the game. They are mighty good dancers!



The biggest little fan. This little guy was sitting in front of us and was all decked out in his Storm attire.



The game takes place near Seattle Center so I had a good view of the Space Needle with the Sub Pop flag flying to commemorate the record label's 20th anniversary.

4 comments:

Rob said...

Fun sports post. You are so right, they play with spirit for the love of the game. Refreshing in this age of corporate sponsorships.

Maya said...

It's doubly so these days when our mens team, the Sonics, are leaving town. They've made a lot of fans mad!

Jerez Sherry said...

love the perspective on the little boy at the game.. oh and always nice to see new angles on the space needle!

Maya said...

I did too. Unfortunately, I had to take it in a big hurry because everyone was sitting down suddenly so it was a bit blurrier than I would have liked.