Saturday, July 12, 2008

Wining and Dining


I ate in the International District today for lunch. We did not eat Dim Sum, but I thought this table looked so nicely set up, that I snapped a shot on the way out.



Grabbed a detail of the new arch in the International District on the way back to work.



I ate dinner at the Metropolitan Grill. I had a gift certificate, but it was still quite expensive. Their specialty is steak, but I think we were more impressed with the Cherries Jubilee we had for dessert which they prepared table-side!

3 comments:

Janet Kincaid said...

Wow! I learned something new today about Seattle. I just assumed you all had a Chinese gate in Chinatown like San Francisco and other cities. What a surprise to learn you don't. Congratulations on the new gate! And great pictures of the table setting and the cherries jubilee. Now you've got me thinking about what I'm going to make for dinner.

I'm thinking... Breakfast food for dinner.

Maya said...

Breakfast is good anytime! One of my favorite meals of the day...

Perhaps there wasn't a gate because it's the "International District" and not just Chinatown. There are quite a few other Asian cultures represented in the area, but I guess the Chinese contingent decided they need a gate! It is beautiful, but hard to take photos of due to location. I've tried several times and finally just used a detail shot.

Jerez Sherry said...

yum e.. I better get into town!