Sunday, July 6, 2008

Two Things Challenge: Work/Book



This Two Things Challenge was hard to be creative with. So, here is a book a friend gave me which I should read for work as it would probably be helpful. Other books I have on my shelf for reference would be: Web Publishing with HTML and XHTML, and Creative HTML design, amongst many others. A book that is sitting on my desk at work for reference at the moment: Cascading Stylesheets - The Definitive Guide and I need one on Visual Studio. Of course, most of my learning comes from the good ol' Internet!

6 comments:

Bev said...

I like this very much, and think a lot of people SHOULD be reading a book like this to help them at work, as opposed perhaps to the official work books, and would probably do them more good.LOL

dianeclancy said...

Hi Maya,

VERy very clever!! Great idea!!

Hi Bev,

I love it!! And what a GOOD idea!! I love saving energy (mine too) - it is soooo cool!!

~ Diane Clancy
www.DianeClancy.com/blog
www.DianeClancy.etsy.com

Maya said...

Thanks ladies. I agree!

Janet Kincaid said...

I like how you interpreted this week's challenge. And so appropriate for work culture. I just finished reading a book called "The No Asshole Rule: Building a Civilized Workplace and Surviving One That Isn't" by Robert Sutton. It had some good information in it, but the entire time I was reading it I kept thinking, "Why do people have to behave badly and why is it the assholes who get ahead?"

And this would be why I work for myself. :-)

The Artful Eye said...

I need this book.:)

Maya said...

d.c.: A good move! And, I agree with the sentiment.

artful: I think most of us could use it!