Friday, July 4, 2008

Independence Day

The day for BBQ's and fireworks. This is generally one of my least favorite Holidays due to the firecrackers being set off in the streets for days (sometimes weeks) after the 4th. They are apparently legal in Washington. I guess fire danger isn't high due to all the rain. I am just glad it fell on a weekend this year so I could sleep in after getting to sleep late due to all the noise. I was also fortunate this year as I was invited to a rooftop BBQ that had a view of both the Elliott Bay fireworks (over the Sound) and the Lake Union fireworks. Both were spectacular!


This is the only half way decent photo I got of the Elliott Bay fireworks. The rest of the shots are from the Lake Union show.














12 comments:

Janet Kincaid said...

WOW! WOW! WOW! All of these are great, but that second one is FABULOUS! Very, very well done, Maya! Oh, I'm multiple shade of envious!

Maya said...

Thanks! I think that second one was during the music entitled: Pride. You gotta love Seattle! :-)

Folly Blaine said...

Awesome! Aren't they so much fun to shoot?

Maya said...

Thanks! It took me a bit to get the hang of it with the new camera. I didn't have time to read up much, but I finally found a method that worked!

Bev said...

These are absolutely terrific fireworks, and equally terrific photos!!!!

Bev said...

I just showed these to my kids and they went 'Whoa'.

Maya said...

Thanks Bev! Seattle does put on a great show on the 4th. I was just lucky to get these shots...

Anonymous said...

Wow! They turned out great!! Who needs a manual? ;)

The Artful Eye said...

These fireworks are wonderful! Great job.

Maya said...

s: Well, they may have been even better. But, I'm pretty happy with the results!

artful: Thanks!

Rob said...

Bravo! outstanding shots! I tend to avoid fireworks displays, or vew them from a distance, its a traffic thing. Fireworks are illegal here in MN, the nanny state. But that doesn't keep people from bringing them in. I have mixed feelings on this, hate the late night noise, but like the idea of this type of anarchy. ;)

Maya said...

Thanks! I am lucky to live downtown so getting back to my place is usually not too tough. It is a nightmare for others though! I was lucky this year to be invited to a rooftop party where I could see them well and set up my tripod with a fairly unobstructed view.