Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Here Comes the Rain Again...


Timing is everything. The heavens opened up and the rain poured down only while I was walking home from work today. Of course, I was so busy taking photos that it took longer than usual to get home and I got drenched in the process. One must suffer for one's art, right?






I finally made it home with wet jeans and umbrella. Normally we don't get to wear jeans to work, however, today was "clear the clutter" day in preparation for our move in November, so we were given this allowance.

6 comments:

Rob said...

Thanks, Now I have that Eurythmics tune stuck in my head. But no rain here, a dry summer once again. Sometimes you just need to stomp in pudlles and sing in the rain.

Anonymous said...

Don't much care for the rain in August. We like the days we can go boating BETTER!

cynthia

Janet Kincaid said...

We could use some rain here. I think the last time it really rained was in June. On the other hand, little rain means good apples this fall... I guess there's trade offs with everything.

Maya said...

dusty: I did have a good time in the downpour trying to take photos with one hand and hold the umbrella with the other. I'm sure people watching me thought I was crazy!

cynthia: I like a little of both. Boating in the sun and sitting comfily at home while it pours outside.

d.c.: Such and optimist!

Tash said...

Beautiful leaf & I very cool umbrella (my favorite color). You've taken good advantage of a wet situation.

Maya said...

Thanks Tash! That is one of my favorite colors too.